If you’re not using geomarketing you’re missing out on a major opportunity. This conversion-boosting strategy is used by businesses across the globe to reach the right audience and skyrocket sales. But what exactly is it? And how do you get started? This quick Q&A guide will tell you more.
What is geomarketing?
Geomarketing means incorporating geographical data into your marketing to deliver promotional messages relevant to your target audience’s location. A mix of ‘geographic’ and ‘marketing’, geomarketing is a game-changer for businesses who want to power their marketing strategy with location insights.
For example, suppose you’re planning to open a new store. A geomarketing analysis can can help you answer key questions like where your target audience is most concentrated, and where you have a strong (or lacking) market presence. It can also tell you more about how your consumers behave, where they shop and what they buy. These insights can be used to better segment your audience and target your marketing.
Examples of geomarketing
Wondering how geomarketing is used in the real world? Almost any business or brand can benefit from geomarketing – here are some examples of some successful geomarketing campaigns:
- Dunkin’ Donuts used geomarketing to guide their mobile users to their closest store, resulting in a 72% click-through rate for directions.
- Currys PC World used audience and location targeting to increase store visits by 12%.
- Oxfam rasied $10,000 for earthquake victims in a single week by targeting people most likely to donate.
- Pinkberry used location targeting to drive more people to its stores and raise awareness of a new product. The campaign doubled Pinkberry’s benchmark success rate.
How do you use geomarketing?
So, let’s recap. Successful geomarketing campaigns depend on location intelligence to understand where customers are or where they’ve been. This can help businesses to better understand consumer behaviour and use those insights for better targeting and segmentation, resulting in better conversions.
But how do you get started? There are many geomarketing tools used by marketers, including mobile marketing, local web searches, social media and beacons. However, the most common tool used in geomarketing is geofencing technology. Businesses with apps can use geofencing to draw virtual boundaries around their businesses (or a competitor) and deliver marketing messages when users enter or exit the geofence.
For instance, shoppers who use a store’s shopping app may be familiar with geofencing. A shop or supermarket can be surrounded by a geofence that pinpoints the user’s location and triggers app notifications. Upon entering the shop, the app will notify the shopper of certain deals and promotions.
The best geofencing marketing software
If you’re looking for the best geofencing marketing software, you’ll want to find a solution that’s cost-effective and easy to implement with lots of great features and tools. This is where PlotProjects comes in.
Our full-featured platform lets you easily set up geofences, beacons and location-based notifications, with an easy management dashboard and advanced analytics to help you measure and refine your campaigns.
Hailed as the best geofencing marketing software, here’s a look at our top features and tools. Want to find out more? Check out our full list of features in this guide.
- Diversity of geofences – create unlimited geofences ranging from 50m to 50,000m in radius
- Easy-to-use dashboard
- Support for beacons and polygons
- Doesn’t rely on GPS
- Industry-leading accuracy and low battery use
- Location data analytics – foot traffic dwell time, visit history, A/B testing & heat maps
- Helpful features like audiences, home, work & place targeting and more
- Advanced privacy features
- Anti-spam tools
- Easy integration across your marketing channels
- Top-rated customer support
- Cost effective – free migration cost, free trial and free basic plan
- Lots of tips and advice on the PlotProjects blog
Get started with geofencing today
If you need help getting started with geofencing or you want to find out more about how our platform can drive results for your business, contact PlotProjects today. You can try our demo app for free, or download one of our customer’s apps to see how it works.