Plugin version 3.16.0 for Android is now available! This new stable release includes big improvements to beacons, segmentation properties, and activity monitoring. Plus enhancements to QuickSync and adjustments to campaign settings.
The stable version of Android 3.16.0 stable includes the following updates:
- Support beacon distance on Android using AltBeacons (requires additional configuration)
- Performance and stability improvements for beacons.
- Improved battery use.
- Support Google play services 19.0.0.
- Introduced automatic segmentation properties.
- Support activity monitoring and region triggers on user’s activity change.
New Beacon Monitoring
We’re rolling out additional enhancements for beacons, including a new monitoring library to help improve beacon performance.
- We now support beacon distance on Android using the AltBeacon library. Find out how to enable the AltBeacon library in the Config File section of our Documentation as well as the Android Integration Guide.
- Android 3.16.0 also includes updated libraries and stable support for Google Play services 19.0.0
Improved Battery Use
We’ve also made improvements to battery usage to ensure our plugin is optimised for minimal battery drain.
Automatic Segmentation & Activity Monitoring
- When Activity Detection is enabled, the PlotProjects SDK will automatically set and update certain segmentation properties based on the user’s current activity.
- This new feature enables you to create Audiences based on interests and transportation methods and send context-aware notifications triggered by activity.
- Check out our Documentation to find out which properties are supported.
- QuickSync has also been expanded! QuickSync now supports campaigns with up to two Segmentation Properties. Find out how to leverage QuickSync for your app here.
- In order to ensure the reliability and stability of our servers, we’ve introduced a new limit on the number of regions connected to a single campaign. Each individual campaign can have a maximum of 7,000 locations (geofences and/or beacons).